Some things you may want to know “about”:
- How to contact me
- There’s my CV, in text format or in PDF (version of 2013-08-14)
- Short version: I am Professor of Mathematics at Syracuse University. I’ve also held positions at the University of Toronto (2003–2004) and the University of Kansas (2000–2003). I got my PhD in 2000 from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, with Roger Wiegand. I went directly to UNL from Reed College, where I graduated in 1995 with a BA in Mathematics.
- Here’s my mathematical genealogy: the ridiculously detailed version, the somewhat smaller version starting from my advisor, Roger Wiegand, and my whole department as a massive PDF.
- You may laugh at my taste in music or my photographic eye.
- You may know me from:
- Montgomery Academy, 1978-1984
- Southwood Middle School, 1984-1987
- Coral Gables High School, 1987-1991
- Reed’s Fine College, 1991-1995
- I’ve got 46 states, but only four continents. (By another criterion, I’ve got something like 24 states and 2 continents.)
- I feel uncomfortable in a room without books. (I’ve mostly gotten over this.)
- I like long walks and hot cocoa. Also short walks and beer. Actually, you know, walks of nearly any length are ok by me, and a nice beverage is hardly ever amiss.
WordPress runs it. Previously it ran on PmWiki, Movable Type, and Greymatter.
It’s looked like this since summer 2014. Some previous versions used to look like this: